Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do we overcome fear in our lives?


In the chapter I’m reading entitled Christian Science Practice in the book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, it states that divine Love heals the sick instantaneously.


From my experience I know that nothing feels better than God’s love. And through the understanding of God’s love and in feeling God’s love, all fear is wiped out.


I had an experience like this yesterday when I was having an intense back pain. It was prohibiting me from moving and even from lying down. After a short nap, I woke up but wasn’t feeling much relief. I then began declaring that I am not afraid. There seemed to be a fear of future issues or hypothetical problems (it’s kind of funny to be afraid of problems that don’t even exist yet). But as I started with the simple fact that I am not afraid, the fear began disappearing and I was able to get up and move around.


In fact our natural state of being is to be unafraid. If you’ve felt it before, it is an amazing feeling; you feel completely clear and you know that nothing can stop you or convince of not doing the right thing. I do hope we all get the opportunities on a day-to-day basis of feeling unafraid.


I watched the movie “Inside Man” last night, and it became clear to me that fear was keeping people from seeing what was going on. Fake guns were used in the bank robbery and no one was actually in any danger. If everyone knew that, they could have all waited peacefully for the resolution of the issue at hand and probably seen the solution to the problem more clearly (mainly that the bank robber was simply trying to get back at the owner of the band for past war crimes). The solution was entirely above and beyond what people were able to see, because a mortal sense of things, mainly fear, was blocking their true perception of motive and character.


Such is the same in a case of sickness and disease. And fear is always what needs to be handled first. God’s creation is fearless, so fearlessness is actually our natural state. When we see and know that God is the true substance of our being, that we are and all of God’s creation is actually purely spiritual and intact, and that life is eternal because God is the only Life, than we know we can be afraid.


Mary Baker Eddy, a spiritual healer, teacher, and religious leader states that when fear is gone, the disease vanishes into its native nothingness.


So let’s all try and overcome fear together. And I find we can do this through expresses God’s love to one another. In her spiritual interpretation of the Lord’s Prayer, Mrs. Eddy states “Love is reflected in love”. So we can all reflect God’s love and live a completely fearless life together. The Bible also gives us authority that “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.”


No comments:

Post a Comment